30th Anniversary MX-5Mar 20th , 2019
Mazda Unveils MX-5 30th Anniversary Edition in Racing Orange
Soft-top and retractable hardtop available; sales limited to 3,000 units worldwide
HIROSHIMA, Japan, Feb. 7, 2019 – Mazda Motor Corporation today showcased the global unveiling of the Mazda MX-5 30th Anniversary Edition at the Chicago Auto Show, which runs from Feb. 7-18.
After 30 years and with more than 1 million examples sold, Mazda feels that the MX-5 is no longer its own creation. It belongs to the fans around the world who have supported the development of the model. To express its gratitude, and its high hopes for the future of the MX5, the company developed Racing Orange, an exclusive body colour that evokes the breaking dawn of an exciting new day.
In addition to the new colour, the MX-5 30th Anniversary Edition features forged aluminum wheels (Rays ZE40 RS30) developed exclusively for the MX-5 in cooperation with Rays Co., Ltd. and a 30th Anniversary badge that displays the model’s serial number. Sales will be limited to 3,000 units worldwide, including both soft-top and retractable hardtop models. Mazda will continue to make cars that exceed expectations and provide driving pleasure in everyday driving situations. The company aims to build a strong bond with customers and become an indispensable presence in their lives.
• Racing Orange body colour
• Rays forged aluminum wheels (Rays ZE40 RS30)
• 30th Anniversary badge (with serial number)
• Orange brake calipers and orange accents on the
seats, door trim, dashboard and shift lever
• Recaro seats
• Bilstein dampers (manual-transmission models only)
• Brembo front brake calipers (in orange)
• Nissin rear brake calipers (in orange)
• Bose® sound system (AudioPilot™2) with nine
• Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™ (in select